With somewhat more permanently good weather, now is the time to get in the garden and get dirty.
To kick things off, check out some great plant sales in Toronto. Click the link for details…
Black Creek Pioneer Village – Doors Open Toronto Plant Sale
Saturday, May 29th to Sunday, May 30th
Once you’ve tackled the garden, don’t forget the rest of your house. Here is our checklist for spring maintenance on your home.
– Check and clean or replace furnace, humidifier and air conditioning filters.
– Check air conditioning system and have serviced every two or three years.
– Check smoke, carbon monoxide and security alarms and replace batteries.
– Clean windows, screens and hardware, and replace storm windows with screens.
– Open valve to outside hose connection.
– Check your foundation walls for cracks, leaks or signs of moisture, and repair as required.
– Get your eaves troughs and downspouts cleaned and check for loose joints and secure attachment to your home and ensure water flows away from your foundation.
– Fertilize any young trees and plants that need encouragement.
– Get your front yard planters done – a sure sign spring is here.
And do what I do….leave for work when it’s time to do the weeding 🙂